Stay obsessed by what you love...........



______Days are full and as much as I try to keep order, I find less time to write about it. The seasons change and sounds of the birds in early morning make me long to show through my work how this makes me feel. I hope that my design work will bring some of that to the fore. Someone said, "Do what you know, do what you love".
I only wish.
There are many ways to put nature in the work we all do. That is my guiding inspiration and a way to leave a part of myself in this beautiful world.______


Monday, March 23, 2009

Pansy Time .....



It's been a very busy weekend. I am happy to see Monday morning and very happy that spring is here and clean up and planting has begun. Although I have to admit...it isn't me who does a lot of the planting any longer.... there are too many other things to learn and I learned more about planting in the last 60 years than I could use in a lifetime. I still remember putting the pansies in the ground with my mom when I was 3 or 4, even how they smelled and what the earth was like in Buffalo New York, and so,  that I still do every fall and then every spring I add a few more. Can't help myself...I need that little touchstone.
Now I will say that I have tried to make wonderful pansies in glass for years and mine always are a little loose...they end up like my watercolors...too artsy for people who want pansies in their glass beads so if you want wonderful ones...Harriet Harrison does them perfectly and exquisitely. I'll look for a photo of some of hers and add it later. They are beautiful....and here they are. Her beads are available on www.kybeadmaker.com.
On with the day!

No comments: