Stay obsessed by what you love...........



______Days are full and as much as I try to keep order, I find less time to write about it. The seasons change and sounds of the birds in early morning make me long to show through my work how this makes me feel. I hope that my design work will bring some of that to the fore. Someone said, "Do what you know, do what you love".
I only wish.
There are many ways to put nature in the work we all do. That is my guiding inspiration and a way to leave a part of myself in this beautiful world.______


Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowed in for days!











It has been a funny funny week. All white and bright out with streets as slick as northern neighborhood ponds. You would think that after 5 days it would be melted in Georgia, it always has been in the past but here we are walking to everything and being very friendly
with all who live close.
I would think that all of the things I really need to work on, like my dollhouse blog (didn't know about that one, did you? http://onetoonetennyson.blogspot.com/ ) my Sketchbook Project sketchbook, which MUST be in the mail in two days, and then, properly preparing for the workshop I'm taking in Mexico in 10 days, would have been perfect to fill these days. No, not quite, because for some reason I am learning to knit. Now, I did not look for this new art, my granddaughter, Josie, taught me to knit 2 weeks ago and I just happened to have 5 sets of knitting needles that were stashed away for the last 10 years or so and some yarn. You would not believe the amount of instruction you can find online AND it is so easy to order those darn books....gorgeous knitting books, most by Nicky Epstein, from Amazon. They show up in the mail sometimes the next day(except when you're snowed in). Anyway I now have this(check out my knitting photo!)....and I am so happy.

No comments: