Stay obsessed by what you love...........



______Days are full and as much as I try to keep order, I find less time to write about it. The seasons change and sounds of the birds in early morning make me long to show through my work how this makes me feel. I hope that my design work will bring some of that to the fore. Someone said, "Do what you know, do what you love".
I only wish.
There are many ways to put nature in the work we all do. That is my guiding inspiration and a way to leave a part of myself in this beautiful world.______


Thursday, July 30, 2009

just plain annoyed at myself ........


Under the best of circumstances kilns are the workhorse of my kind of creativity. When things go wrong, all you can do is start over and think of all the work you did as practice.
With 4 sculpted and refined silver clay pieces ready to go, I made the mistake of not test firing after traveling with my kiln. We cannot actually figure out what happened...perhaps a wire came loose, but it seems fine now. Of course the 4 pieces are blobs of CZ's and vermiculite and fine silver. Paragon and Laura Miller, one of their gurus, and Arnold, himself, were immediately helpful. They had me test and open and check. Thanks to them, I still have confidence in my SC2. I don't believe I would have received this kind of attention from ANYONE other than Don Mckinney, who personally, by hand, made my bead kiln. Thank you!
It was very strange because I had a brief feeling to only fire one piece....and I even thought to do a test fire....but I did not follow my instincts. That is very unwise.
This is what one piece would have been similar to. Too bad for me! Plus everything else was new and different. Practice. Another big thank you to Paragon!

No comments: